No, you aren’t in Boca Raton but you can play shuffleboard like you are. Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club is actually a brand-new bar near the Gowanus Canal that will provide guests with tons of entertainment, geriatric-style.
Located on Union Street, Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club offers guests ten indoor, 50-foot long shuffleboard surface as well as nightly drink specials, a food menu (a revolving roster of food trucks will be setting up shop) and a place for 20 and 30-somethings a place to unwind while getting their shuffleboard on.
While there a lots of spots in NYC that offer alternate activities in the form of games like Ping-Pong, pool tables, dart boards and even skee-ball, none have yet been dedicated to the pastime of retirees. So owners Jonathan Schnapp and Ashley Albert decided to change that, by raising $40,000 in 30 days with a Kickstarter campaign. Soon after, their dream of opening Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club was a reality.
And while guests will be able to play the low-key sport as they please, there will also be a league which will hold competitions for eager shuffle boarders, and be available for private parties and events.
Watch out, Grandma!
Some other places to hone your shuffleboard skills:
- FAT CAT, 75 Christopher Street, West Village; (212) 675-6056, fatcatmusic.org.
- NANCY WHISKEY PUB, 1 Lispenard Street, TriBeCa; (212) 226-9943, nancywhiskeypub.com.
- PLUG UGLIES, 257 Third Avenue, at 21st Street, Manhattan; (212) 780-1944, plugugliesnyc.com.
- THE DIAMOND, 43 Franklin Street, Greenpoint, Brooklyn; (718) 383-5030, thediamondbrooklyn.com.
- THE WHISKEY BROOKLYN, 44 Berry Street, Williamsburg; (718) 387-8444, whiskeybrooklyn.com.
BURNSIDE, 506 Grand Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn; (347) 889-7793, burnsidebrooklyn.com.
- THE DRAM SHOP, 339 Ninth Street, Park Slope, Brooklyn; (718) 788-1444, dramshopbrooklyn.com.
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily