October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the fine folks at Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails in Murray Hill are serving up their Milk Punch to help fight the good fight. For the entire month of October, they are will be donating $2 from each Milk Punch ($16) sold to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to support breast cancer research.
Do good. Feel good. Taste good. We are donating $2 from every Milk Punch we sell from now until October 31st to @sloankettering for breast cancer research. #october #breastcancerawareness #breastcancerawarenessmonth #handcraftkitchenandcocktails #donate #dogood #cocktailsforacause #murrayhill #nyc #nycdrinks
Created by Beverage Curator, Alex Mouzakitis, he says about the cocktail, “It really is quite difficult to describe. What I like about it most is the surprise factor it gives guests. It is a very unassuming pale yellow clear liquid when presented, but once they taste it and realize there is a sophisticated depth of flavor, it really delights me to see the wow on their face. That’s really what this business is all about.”
Handcraft & Cocktails’ menu offers three Milk Punch variations and will be donating to Breast Cancer research no matter which one your order up – Mezcal, Gin or Whiskey. You will be doing good by ordering up any option, but we are going with the Mezcal Milk Punch.
Making your own Milk Punch is quite complicated, but we have provided the recipe below. However, we suggest heading to Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktail to let the experts do it for you and also do good to fight Breast Cancer.
Mezcal Milk Punch Recipe (full batch)
- 32 oz mezcal
- 32 oz tequila
- 16 oz aged rum
- 16 oz absinthe
- 16 oz velvet falernum
- 16 oz green tea
- 8 oz hot water
- Zest and Juice from:
- 2 Whole Pineapples
- 1 quart Sugar
- 7 Allspice Berries
- 12 Cloves
- 3 Star Anise Pods
- 15 Whole Black Peppercorns
1. Combine all ingredients above and let sit for two days.
2. Strain out all of the solids from the giant cocktail using a fine metal mesh and cheese cloth.
3. In separate container combine 2 cups of milk and 10 oz lemon juice.
4. Add the giant cocktail to the the milk which instantly begins to curdle. 5. Let rest for a couple of days.
6. Clear cocktail separates from the milk.
7. Siphon the clear milk punch from the top and run through very fine filter, I use an oil filter. Repeat this approximately 5 times.
8. Let it rest again approximately 3 days.
9. Filter again.
10. Enjoy delicious milk punch.
Handcraft & Cocktails details
367 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10016
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily