The bar & restaurant industry affected by Hurricane Ida is in need of help. Without power and with extensive damage in most of Louisiana, most of the hospitality community is without work indefinitely. Turning Tables NOLA, led by Executive Director, Toure Folkes, has teamed up with Another Round Another Rally in efforts to raise funds to provide relief grants to individuals within our community directly affected by the hurricane.
Words from Toure Folkes – “Now is the real time when we are in need of help the most. Donations will be crucial to our efforts. The immediate aftermath of Hurricane Ida has left many in the New Orleans hospitality community temporarily displaced and without a source of income while the city recovers from loss of power, damages and business closures. Even once the city begins to open up, many people have accrued expenses from evacuation, spending funds while not working, external damage to their homes and the looming uncertainty of when they will be able to return to work
While the city recovers, we are looking to distribute funds that would go directly to people within our community that have been affected by the impact of the hurricane. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis in $500 increments. We are looking to distribute to as many individuals within our hospitality community as we are able.”
Hurricane Ida Relief – Ways to Help
- DIRECT DONATIONS HERE – funds will be distributed by Another Round Another Rally which is a 501c3
- Buy a shirt from Mover & Shaker Co. – 100% of proceeds will go to the relief fund
- Bar Replacement Form created by Lush Life to help get people temporary work until people are able to return home safely.
- Get cash to Ashtin Berry who has actively been sharing resources and is currently raising funds to get immediate needs to people on the ground in New Orleans
- Free Rooms & Meals for Displaced Hospitality Workers in Houston – The Community Spirit is giving away free hotel stays and meals in Houston. DM them to support or help spread the word.
- SHARE & HELP GET THE WORD OUT – share to your social media and also, like, comment on posts to help boost them in algorithms to get more attention. Even if you don’t have the funds or resources (many of us are beyond stretched from the past 18 months) sharing, liking and commenting is FREE!
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily