Irish Coffee Day may have been last Monday, but this winter weather-approved tipple at Pouring Ribbons will warm you up any time. This week’s Drink of the Week is the Knappogue Irish Coffee, created by Joaquín Simó of Pouring Ribbons, is the perfect solution for these weird winter months. This Irish coffee features custom made marshmallows from the Little Boo Boo Bakery and of course Knappogue Castle Single Malt Irish Whiskey
Irish Coffee at Pouring Ribbons drink recipe
- 1.5 oz Knappogue Castle Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- 0.25 oz rich (2:1) demerara syrup
- 5 oz hot coffee
- 5 drops saline solution (or a tiny pinch kosher salt)
- 2 dashes Regan’s No 6 Orange bitters
- Muddle 3 cardamom pods in the bottom of a pre-heated Irish coffee mug.
- Whip together the zest from one orange with two tablespoons of white sugar, 6 dashes Regan’s No 6 Orange bitters until thickened, but still pourable.
- Float cream over the top of the drink by pouring gently over the back of a spoon.
- Top with a lightly toasted Little Boo Boo Bakery Knappogue Castle Whiskey Marshmallow.
Pouring Ribbons Details225 Avenue B, New York, NY 10009
Phone: (917) 656-6788
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily