VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT 21 YEARS OR OLDER. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH UNITED STATES LAW.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR
More taste, less waste cocktail CONTEST
SPONSORED BY RÉMY COINTREAU USA, INC.
The contest (the “Contest”) period opens on August 16th, 2020, at 12:00:01 am/EST and will close on September 16th, 2020, at 11:59:59 pm/EST (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is sponsored by Rémy Cointreau USA, Inc., with an address of 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104 (hereinafter referred to as the “Sponsors”).
The Contest is open to professional bartenders who are legal and current residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of August 16th, 2020. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, and is void outside the United States, D.C. and where prohibited by law. The Contest is void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law.
Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsors, their parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, distributors and retailers, and any other entity that develops, produces or distributes materials for or related to this Contest, and the immediate family members or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate or win.
- HOW THE CONTEST WORKS
The Contest will be held in four (4) stages:
- Digital submission must be entered through the website portal (https://thirstymag.com/more-taste-less-waste/).
- Contestants will have their recipes crafted by our team of in-house mixologists.
- 6 finalists will be chosen. Each will be asked to host a 15 minute Instagram Live with Collectif1806 to make their cocktail submission, educate the judges & Instagram Live viewers on their cocktail, and the knowledge of the brand.
- One winner will be chosen to receive a cash prize along with a personal, one-on-one mentorship session with Master Blender Trudiann Branker.
- The recipe should be an original and personal creation.
- The recipe should include at least 1oz of Mount Gay Rum (Eclipse, Black Barrel or XO)
- The recipe should not exceed more than 6 ingredients.
- Elements affecting the taste and/or aromas of the cocktail such as edible garnish, sprays, bitters are considered as an ingredient.
- The full recipe and method of preparation must be clearly specified.
- Homemade ingredients are permitted. Each ingredient will be recreated by our judging panel with the following parameters:
- The ingredient must take no longer than 24 hours to create.
- The judging panel will use locally available products to create homemade ingredients.
- The contestant may also choose to send to a sample of their homemade ingredient to ensure the accuracy of their recipe during the evaluation period. Collectif1806, Mount Gay Rum, or Media Partners are not responsible for cost or damages in shipping.
Cocktail submission should showcase the following:
- Celebrate Mount Gay’s new partnership with 4Ocean with a sustainably focused cocktail.
- Highlight Mount Gay Rum, Barbados, The Caribbean, and Rum as a category.
- Show what terroir, craft, and sustainability it means to you and ask yourself if this is something you could implement in a sustainable way at your bar.
- The use of any liqueurs, standard modifiers, syrups, bitters, and juices is permitted.
- The use of any other rum brands is not permitted.
- The use of homemade bitters or fermentation is not permitted.
- The use of modifier spirits is permitted.
- Brands or type must be clearly stated.
- Other ingredients, such as garnishes, type of ice, etc. should be clearly specified.
- The choice of glassware is yours.
Cocktail Recipe specifications:
- The entire recipe should be expressed in fluid ounce, milliliter or number of drops used.
- Cocktail and ingredient preparation techniques must be clearly indicated.
- Your cocktail recipe should tell a story. Explanation and inspiration for the choice of ingredients and recipes should be detailed.
- The social media campaign isn’t compulsory to enter competition, but if you choose to utilize social media, we ask you to tag in #collectif1806 and #MoreTasteLessWaste on any Instagram/ Facebook/ TikTok photos or stories relating to your entry.
- Regional finalists will be required to make their cocktail at home for the judges and viewers on Instagram live on a specified date after they have been chosen to move on to the next round.
- Regional Finalists will be asked to promote their appearance on Collectif1806’s IG Live as comments and viewership for each finalist will contribute to overall judges score. Percentage of score is outlined in judging rubric.
Grand Prize: There will be one Grand Prize Winner chosen.
One winner from will be chosen to receive a cash prize of $5,000 along with a personal, one-on-one mentorship session with Master Blender Trudiann Branker.
ARV of all prizes: $4,999
Any expense or cost not expressly stated in the description of the prizes set forth above is the sole responsibility of winner.
No part of any prize includes any alcoholic beverages. Prizes are awarded “as is,” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied, by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions of prizes by winners are allowed, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of winner of the prize. Winners of prizes with a value of $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC early in the year following the year in which prize was awarded for filing with his/her federal and state tax returns. Sponsor complies with all tax reporting requirements. The amount of any tax liability will vary depending on winner’s tax bracket.
6. GENERAL RULES OF PARTICIPATION
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws apply. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the prize winners. The Sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries, telephone system or computer malfunctions, lost connections or transmission errors; (ii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or from participating in the Contest; or (iii) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any material associated with the Contest. Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. The Sponsors may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, the Sponsor determines that you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsors’ representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH PARTICIPANT AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Sponsors shall be final and binding.
- All entries and the information contained in such entries will become the Co-Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Acceptance of a prize will constitute permission for the Sponsors to use the names, cities, states, likenesses, and voices of the winners for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND VERIFICATION:
The potential winner in the Contest will be selected by October 1st, 2020. Selection will be conducted by Sponsor or its appointed agent, and all decisions are final. Potential winner will be via Instagram Live and will be notified by email. If any potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon forfeiture of any prize, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household. An affidavit must be signed, notarized and returned by winner to Sponsor within two (2) days of acceptance of prize.
All potential winners of prizes with a value of $600 or more will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. All potential winners of prizes with a value of less than $600 will be required to sign and return, where legal, a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. All documents must be returned by potential winners within one (1) day of notification that he/she is a potential winner. No potential winner will be an official winner until his/her Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release] has been returned and eligibility has been formally verified by Sponsor. If any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules and/or to submit the required documentation within the designated time period, he/she will be automatically disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- LICENSE AND RELEASE:
Participation in the Contest and acceptance of prize constitute each winner’s and guest’s permission for Sponsor or its agents to photograph, film, and record each winner and guest and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by winner and guest regarding the Contest or Sponsor for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, social media, advertising, POS, public relations, for all perpetuity worldwide. By participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winners, and guests acknowledge and agree that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, or Twitter and agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, and Twitter, Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or omissions whatsoever by any transportation companies or any other persons providing any services to winner, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Sponsor is not responsible if any part of a Contest prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal belongings. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or who attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
- A)ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE Sponsors, THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM ENTRANTS PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DRAWING, THE USE OF THE PRIZE, ANY DELAYED, LOST, MISDIRECTED, OR DAMAGED ENTRIES, OR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE SERVICE, COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR.
- B)ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE Sponsors, THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENCIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER WITH RESPECT TO FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, DESCRIPTION OR NATURE OF THE PRIZE OR OTHERWISE. ALL ENTRANTS, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE RULES.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Sponsors reserve the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Contest, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate federal, state and local courts located in New York for any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded.
11. RULES/WINNERS LIST
For additional information regarding the Official Rules or to obtain a winners list, available after October 5th, 2020, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: More Taste, Less Waste Cocktail Contest, c/o Rémy Cointreau USA, Inc., 1290 Ave. of the Americas, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10104. Please specify Rules, Winners List or other reason for inquiry.
- USE OF INFORMATION