Female empowerment has very much been at the top of many minds in 2017 and Speed Rack has been leading the charge in the bar industry for over six years. This Sunday, May 21st, the Speed Rack National Finals return to New York for the only all-female, speed bartending competition to raise money for breast cancer charities.
Almost 200 bartenders across the country competed in regional heats in eight of the top cocktail cities nationwide – Midwest (Chicago), New York (New York City), Northwest (Seattle), California (San Francisco), Southeast (Atlanta), Texas (Houston), Northeast (Boston), and Southwest (Denver). Be there to watch these eight fierce competitors will hit the stage along with eight wildcard contestants in a winner takes all showdown at the Speed Rack National Finals.
The Season 6 #SpeedRackFinals are in 2 weeks! The baddest women from across the country are coming to compete for the title of Ms Speed Rack 17! Get your tickets SRs6Finals.eventbrite.com 100% of proceeds benefit #BreastCancer research + Prevention. #BackTheRack #SpeedRack #Finals #BreastCancer #Charity #Bartending #Bartender #Mixology #NYC #NewYork #InstaCocktails #NastyWomen
The judging panel at the Speed Rack National Finals will feature such leading cocktail-world luminaries as:
- Alba Huerta – owner and head bartender, Julep Houston
- Dale DeGroff – aka King Cocktail and author of The Craft of the Cocktail and The Essential Cocktail: Bitters, Books, and Recipes
- Roxanne Spruance – chef and owner, Kingsley
- Dave Wondrich – world-renowned cocktail historian and writer).
- Robin Nance, Auchentoshan Scotch’s National Brand Ambassador and Simon Ford, Co-Founder of Ford’s Gin will emcee the proceedings.
Weylin, 175 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York 11211, Map It
Sunday, May 21, 2017, from 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Tickets are $30
With suggested donation, attendees receive cocktails from premium sponsors.
For tickets, click here.
To date, Speed Rack has raised more than $550,000 globally for breast cancer charities and elevated top female bartenders in America and abroad who go shaker-to-shaker competing for industry glory and a Speed Rack title.
TOP 8 WINNERS
- Elyse Blechman – Tongue-Cut Sparrow; Ms. Texas
- Mony Bunni – Boleo, The Kimpton Gray Hotel; Midwest
- Clairessa Chaput – Highball Lounge, Central Kitchen; Northeast
- Jacyara de Oliveira – Rob Roy, The Hideout; Northwest
- Helen Diaz – Bloodhound, Churchill; California
- Jenny Feldt – Le Diplomate; Southeast
- Alex Jump – RiNo Yacht Club; Southwest
- Anna Wingfield – Mother’s Ruin, Ba’sik; New York
- Katie Astrauska – Moneygun; Midwest
- Tiff Jones – Pagan Idol, Rickhouse; California
- Jen Laforge – Tiger Mama, Franklin Café; Northeast
- Megan Radke – Canon, Liberty; Northwest
- Zulcoralis Rodriguez – The Esquire Tavern; Texas
- Jess Sandberg – Under Current; Southwest Wildcard Winner
- Kristine Serrano – Forest Hills Station House; New York
- Andrea Tateosian – Urbana; Southeast
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily