For the second year, the Spirit Forward Women Empowerment Series returns to honor female industry leaders, educate the community and raise awareness of the unique issues surrounding women in hospitality. Presented by Bacardi Women In Leadership, the 2019 series kicks off on April 1st in Chicago before traveling to Los Angeles and New York. The focus will be on addressing topics such as representation, innovation, and disrupting the status quo, all through the lens of “originality,” and from a diverse group of voices both inside and outside the hospitality community.
To buy tickets, review the agenda or learn more, visit www.bacardispiritforward.net
Open to all interested individuals, the cost for admission is $40 with a portion of the proceeds donated to Dress for Success, a not-for-profit with the mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Spirit Forward Women Empowerment Series 2019
Featured Speakers for 2019
- Chef Missy Robbins, owner of two of the most critically acclaimed restaurants in New York, Lilia & MISI, Esquire’s Chef of the Year 2018, the 2018 James Beard Award winner for Best Chef New York, and this year’s James Beard Award nominee for Outstanding Chef
- Executive Chef & Co-Owner of Dyafa, Reem Assil
- Cookbook author and New York Times columnist Alison Roman
- Activist Ashtin Berry
- Causing A Stir co-founders Alexis Brown and Ariel Neal
- Advocates from The Financial Gym
- Bacardi Portfolio Ambassadors
- PUNCH Editor-in-Chief Talia Baiocchi
- MC of Spirit Forward, comedian and bartender Siobhan Tuck
For a complete list of Speakers, click HERE
NOTE: PUNCH is the Presenting Partner alongside Bacardi Women In Leadership.
About Bacardi Women in Leadership: The Bacardi Women in Leadership Initiative was founded with the mission of unleashing the potential of current and future female leaders at Bacardi to drive sustainable top and bottom-line business growth. Led globally by Paula Glickenhaus, Head for Global Reflections at Bacardi, the initiative is embedded into the Bacardi business strategy and instills a sense of ownership and accountability in business leaders to set the right example and drive engagement throughout the organization. Areas of focus include programs to strengthen the talent pipeline including a formal mentoring program and personal/professional development activities; networking opportunities and initiatives to empower employees in a winning work environment; and community partnerships centered on women helping other women in need. This program positions Bacardi as an employer of choice for talented women and helps establish stronger career paths toward senior leadership.
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily