Top Stories from Around the Industry – August 4, 2020
We have rounded up some of the top stories from around the beverage and bar world to share some news that should be on your radar.
Please share any industry related tips or stories that the community should know about and if you are interested in contributing Op-Ed opinion pieces, please contact us email@example.com
Also, consider joining our Discussion Group to talk about these stories and more with industry peers from around the world – check it out on Facebook – HERE
View this post on Instagram
Without federal aid, the pandemic threatens to permanently close 85% of independent restaurants. 16M people risk losing their jobs. It’s time Congress steps up to #SaveRestaurants by passing the RESTAURANTS Act. Share our new ad that is airing on cable news networks in DC and select markets across the country and take action now at SaveRestaurants.com.
- Toronto Cocktail Conference Kicks Off Tonight – via TOCC
- Le Sirenuse Miami to Permanently Shutter Due to Coronavirus – via TheRealDeal
- Save Restaurants PSA narrated by Morgan Freeman asking to pass the RESTAURANTS act – via Indep. Restaurants Coalition
- Dale DeGroff Is Optimistic About Bars – via Grubstreet
- New York City Curbside Dining is Here to Stay – via NY1
- Not Even a Pandemic Can Stop Starbucks Pumpkin Spice, says it returns August 28th – via Eater
- One-Third of New York’s Small Businesses May Be Gone Forever – via New York Times
Follow @thirsty on instagram – HERE
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily