The submissions are in and now it is time to VOTE for your favorite Old Fashioned riff to represent each region in Old Forester’s Battle of the Boroughs 2020. Original cocktail recipes were gathered from around Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Long Island and now it is time for the public to cast their vote for whom they want to represent their hometown at the Final Battle Showcase on March 13th in NYC. Make your voices heard and vote at botb.oldforester.com today and once per day until February 28th, 2020.
The Grand Prize winner of Old Forester’s Battle of the Boroughs 2020 will not only win hometown bragging rights around New York, but will also receive an exclusive feature with Thirsty and be entitled to a trip to experience the first bottled bourbon first-hand at the brand new Old Forester Distillery on the historic Whiskey Row in Louisville, Kentucky.
QUOTE FROM FELIX SALAZAR (Battle of the Boroughs 2019 Champion)
I am so proud to represent the Borough of the Bronx, which is such a diversified community. It was an honor to win for the Bronx because it is an area in New York City that doesn’t typically come to mind first when it comes to cocktails but it is very rich in culture. Coming out as the winner of Old Forster Battle of the Boroughs in 2019, I hope to inspire everyone to believe in themselves!
Jackie Zykan, Old Forester Master Taster
We’re very happy to bring the Battle of the Boroughs back to one of the most exciting cities in the world for the third year in a row. We are even more excited to have each of the top bartenders from each Borough showcase their best version of the classic Old Fashioned cocktail featuring a classic brand like Old Forester. This year, we’ve added the prize of sending the top winner to experience the brand new Old Forester Distilling Co. in Louisville, KY, to not only show our gratitude but to also continue growing our relationships with the folks who touch our brands the most.
Vote for Your Favorite Bartender’s Old Fashioned Variation
- Nataniel “Nate” Serrano – The Fort George
- Alberto Miranda – Seasoned Pro
- Megan Marshall – Bodega Old Fashioned
- Harry Kaufman – The Prescription
- Christian Favier – Fire & Husk
- Jessica Manchenton – The Forager
- Derick Wong – El Mariachi Old Fashioned
- Aidan Kassel – Wayõ Old Fashioned
- Trish Rossiene – New York Breakfast
- Ram Moreno – Smoke 1910 Old Fashioned
- David Libespere – The French Old Fashioned
- Jena Ellenwood – Views from Hellgate
- Miranda Breedlove – Gentleman of Leisure
- Jennifer Sandella – Country Breakfast
- Sihaya Harris – The Melange
- Terrence Sutton – Spread Love
- John Anchundia – Mi Barrio
- Patrick Smith – Call Me T-Bone
- Antonio Rodriguez – Hot Tony
- Steven Ferreira – Kinsfolk
- Patrick Capellini – Open Sesame
- Jonathan Gonzalez – Field 5 Old Fashioned
- Tracy Johanna – Black Gold Old Fashioned
- Michael Reihill – Battle of Nassau
For more information, to visit botb.oldforester.com and click on official rules located at the bottom of page.
Our Best Stories Delivered Daily