It’s about to go down! Some of the fastest female bartenders in NYC are going head-to-head at the return of Speed Rack to raise money to fight breast cancer! The all-female speed-bartending competition was created by Ivy Mix and Lynnette Marrero, who were named among the “Most Innovative Women in Food & Drink” by Food & Wine and Fortune magazines this year.
The fifth national tour will stop in New York on Monday, December 14, as it brings together 21 of the best, brightest and fastest female bartenders in the region. The winner of New York will go against other cities and a winner will be crowned in June 2016. And round of applause because to date, Speed Rack has raised more than $350,000 for breast cancer charities in the U.S. and abroad.
Contestants will compete in timed heats to make rounds of cocktails, culled from a list of 50 accepted industry-standard classic recipes, in front of a panel of judges and a crowd of excited viewers. Judges rate each drink based on prep time and accuracy.
The judging panel at Speed Rack New York will feature such leading cocktail-world luminaries as: Eben Freeman (head of bar operations and beverage development AvroKO Hospitality Group), Johnny Iuzzini (award-winning pastry chef, author and TV personality, Sugar Fueled Inc.), Julie Reiner (owner of Flatiron Lounge, Clover Club and co-owner Leyenda), and Jordana Rothman (food and drink writer, author of TACOS: Recipes and Provocations). Pernod Ricard’s Chris Patino will emcee the proceedings and Tom Johnson will DJ the night away.
Details of Speed Rack
WHAT: Speed Rack New York
WHERE: Music Hall of Williamsburg, 66 North 6th St., Brooklyn, NY 11211
WHEN: Monday, December 14, 2015, 6-10pm
COST: Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door
WHY: To date, Speed Rack has raised more than $350,000 globally for breast cancer charities and elevated top female bartenders in America and abroad who go shaker-to-shaker competing for industry glory and a Speed Rack title.
With suggested donation, attendees receive seriously awesome cocktails from some of the best in the biz and get treated to some bad ass babe bartenders!
- Roxanne River Bockius – Project Parlor
- Ranjini Bose – Dear Irving, Seamstress
- Celeste Colon – Wicked Wolf Tavern
- Amanda Elder – Pouring Ribbons, Mayahuel
- Rachel Gerber – Tavern 29
- Jen Gordon – Lure Fishbar
- Kayla Hasbrook – Pouring Ribbons, ABC Cocina
- Lacy Hawkins – Clover Club, The NoMad
- Amy Koffsky – Donna, Juno
- Lauren McLaughlin – Fresh Kills
- Sarah Morrissey – Dear Irving
- Amanda de la Nuez – Leyenda
- Erika Ordonez – Slowly Shirley, Holiday Cocktail Lounge
- Nicole Alexandria Osorio – Tazzina
- Tricia Rossiene – Gramercy Terrace
- Tess Anne Sawyer – Holiday Cocktail Lounge
- Kiersten Schilinski– Gallow Green, The Heath
- Brooke Smith – Dead Rabbit
- Lissette Tabales – Red Rooster
- Mellie Wiersma – Madam Geneva
- Anna Wingfield – Mother’s Ruin, Ba’sik
Additional information can be found on the Speed Rack website www.speed-rack.com.